Lossless compression formats are like a zip compressor, but specifically tuned for audio: you get the exact same audio quality of the input file in the output file. The difference with zip is that these specific codecs tend to compress much better than general purpose compressors.
WavPack is a high quality and featureful lossless and lossy codec. Static compiles for several *nix platforms by rjamorim. All packs include WavPack, WvUnpack and WvGain.
(get Windows binaries at the official site - www.wavpack.com)
- Linux x86 version 4.32 (409kB)
- Linux Itanium version 4.32 (554kB)
- Linux Alpha version 4.32 (477kB)
- Linux POWER version 4.32 (365kB)
- MacOS PowerPC version 4.32 (323kB) - by krmathis
- Solaris SPARC version 4.32 (481kB)
- Solaris x86 version 4.32 (461kB)
- HPUX HP-PA version 4.32 (558kB)
- HPUX Itanium version 4.32 (374kB)
- FreeBSD x86 version 4.32 (186kB)
- NetBSD x86 version 4.32 (372kB)
- OpenBSD x86 version 4.32 (345kB)
- Tru64 Unix version 4.32 (515kB)
WavPack decoder for DirectShow players - by the CoreCodec team. v.1.0.3
TAK is a novel lossless compressor developed by Thomas Becker that achieves near-Monkey's Audio "High" compression with near-FLAC decompression speed. Worth checking out. Only command line encoder and decoder available ATM. Includes a GUI frontend.
Compiles of the reverse-engineered Apple Lossless (ALAC) decoder v0.1.3.
An unofficial TTA plugin for foobar2000 created by Ayana (aka TgayananII) and with readme translated to english by Liisachan
Monkey's Audio decoder for DirectShow players - by the DSP-Worx team. v.1.0
Monkey's Audio decoder for DirectShow players - by the RadLight team. v.184.108.40.206 (it doesn't work on Win9x due to Unicode compatibility issues. You can use DSP-worx's filter in Win9x - just look at the entry above)
OptimFrog decoder for DirectShow players - by the RadLight team. v.220.127.116.11 - now with Dual Stream decoding.
Universal 32 bit and 64 bit binaries of FLAC and Metaflac by S_O
The old drag-and-drop FLAC frontend by layer3maniac
libFLAC dll for CDex, etc, ICL 19 compile - by John33