Celebrating the recent major release 1.5 of foobar2000 I uploaded the
official versions that were still missing, from the 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4
series, as well as version 1.5 itself.
Next step: try to do the same to LAME, EAC and Apollo! Contributions
of versions not yet available would be extremely
foobar2000 and HTTPS
This time around I uploaded dozens and dozens of foobar2000 versions, from
the 0.9, 1.0, 1.1, and part of 1.2 series.
Hopefully soon I'll find time to upload stuff that was released in the 1.3
and 1.4 series, as well as the rest of 1.2 (but considering I took more than
one year to come up with this update... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
Additionally, ReallyRareWares pages are now securely served through SSL/TLS
thanks to a brand new cryptographic certificate, courtesy of the fine people
at Let's Encrypt. You
can rest calm in the knowledge that your downloads are not being tampered by
evil hackers while in transit to your computer.
Site fixes and a few updates
This update focuses on fixing several parts of the website, namely:
And these are the software updates:
- The screenshot thumbnails (they used to only get resized in
Chrome, now they also work on Firefox, Edge, etc)
- Units are correctly named (kB instead of Kb)
- Consistency improvements all over the site
- Several small bugs and grammar errors
- Several versions of l3enc that were missing. Have fun if you are still using Irix!
- A few more recent versions of foobar2000 (thanks to mezenga)
- CoolEdit version 1.5.2
- An even older version of DOSamp - 0.4
Finally another update
More than four months since the last update, here comes another
I would like to remind RRW visitors that I depend on your
contributions to keep adding obscure software to this website -
my personal collection of oddities is all but already featured
in its entirety here.
So, if you have something you believe might be of interest to
be preserved here, please don't hesitate to get
And these are the updates:
- Métis MP3 player (thanks to Zachary Jelesoff)
- Another MP3 to EXE converter (thanks to Zachary Jelesoff)
- WWV - Women, Whisky and VQF! (thanks to Zachary Jelesoff)
- Apollo plugins for several formats
- Another version of Yamaha SoundVQ Encoder (thanks to Sebastian Knop)
The first update in 2018
Time to get things rolling in this new year!
This time around I updated:
- RealJukebox music player/manager
- MpegDJ Encoder
- Ultimate [MP1/2/3] Encoder
- EncSpot Pro MP3 analyzer
- AT&T a2b music (thanks to Zachary Jelesoff)
- A few more WavPack versions (thanks to David Bryant)
This time around, just a simple update to wrap up 2017. Have some lovely
holidays! See you all again in 2018!
These are the updates:
- Sonic Foundry SoftEncode AC3 encoder
- RKau lossless compressor
- Emagic Zap lossless compressor
- Iomega RecordIt MP2 recorder
- Several versions of Apollo (thanks to Thundik81)
- A few extra PlusV tools
Please check older news here.